The “About Page” for a home inspector is just as important as the home page.
When it comes to your about page, this is where people get to know not only about your business but also about the people who run it.
This is going to be similar to the home page because you should include things like a good “headline”, 1-2 “CTAs”, “benefits” and “social proof” you should also include a few other things like:
- Mission Statement – This is important to have for two reasons. The first is because whether you believe it or not, having your mission statement holds you accountable to it and the second reason is that it tells your visitor what you are doing this for.
- Vision Statement – Similar to the “Mission Statement”, this is important because it lets your visitors know that your vision for a successful future means you aren’t going away any time soon.
Your Story – Don’t hold back when writing the story of your business. If you remember I said earlier in the social proof section for the home page, people do business with people they know like and trust. Sharing your story, struggle and all will help people relate to you and want to do business with you!
Yes, I did say to include the struggle. People are used to seeing “My Business Is Great” but when you open up and share the real story including when you had to get a title loan on your car to pay for the supplies to get started it makes the business look more like a person instead of a machine that would just look at them as a number.
Beefing Up Your About Page With A Unique Selling Proposition (USP)
You will also need to emphasize your Unique Selling Proposition or USP. This is what differentiates you from your competitors and your “About Page” needs to make it clear.
I found an amazing way to look at it as a small infographic that wraps this up completely.
Basically, it is 3 overlapping circles with a question in each.
- What Your Brand Does Well – Yes, home inspections. But, what makes you a better choice for a home inspection than the inspector across town?
- What The Consumer Wants – It’s easier to think about what the consumer or “client” wants by thinking about the “Home Buyer’s Road Map“
- What Your Competitor Does Well – How can you stand out wouthout knowing what is making your competition stand out? Knowing what your competitor does well helps you see what you can improve on & if you keep an eye on their reviews, you can see what their clients like about using them.
You want to only focus on delivering 2 of these items. You obviously don’t want to say I know you want to buy a house & my competitor treats his clients amazingly. You also do not want to try and compare yourself to your competitor because this is YOUR about page!
So the main two items you should focus on when thinking about your USP is… (What Your Brand Does Well) and (What The Customer Wants) … If you are good at what you do then this should be basically the same thing.
Remember to think about your “About” page as an introduction to your potential customer. What part of your story and journey do you think is important to the connection between you and that awesome visitor that wants to be a customer?
The main word is “About Page” so tell people about you & your business.
We’ve covered what your “Home Page” should have on it & we just covered what your “About Page” should have. We will move forward with the next page “Frequently Asked Questions Page For Home Inspectors”.
I hope you found this helpful. If you have any questions, you can comment below, send us an email, or reach out on social.